Advice for New Bloggers



1. Think of a NAME

This isn't a massive deal.. but a big one ish it could be a catchy name for a blog that's always good! Our Names are Shanique and Chaneen but our blog name is Nique and Neena [2NBeauty] and each post is kind of like a diary entry for us. I would say that you don't need to worry much about your url because if you are unhappy with it, you can always purchase a domain name (www. etc) at a later date. I am considering doing this soon :)

2. 
Have a good blog design

For a long time my blog looked very basic and I hated it but had no idea how to change it! If you are good at Photoshop, make a pretty banner and try to get your blog to look sleek and professional. And maybe google how to change your html to design your whole blog layout yourself! (However, remember to copy and paste it into a document before, in case it goes completely wrong). I am hopeless at this so I found a free template online. There are also many designs that you can buy if you want to - big bloggers will often have the link to their blog designer at the bottom of the page. People are more likely to read your blog if it looks good :)

3. Join Bloglovin

This is a website which the majority of bloggers are on, and you can follow lots of blogs on there and people can also follow your blog. I love reading blogs from here as it is so easy. Be sure to add their widgets to your blog to link people directly there. You can get them here.



4. Add the followers gadget


On 'Layout' there should be a Google+ followers gadget. Add this to your blog! This is another easy way, as well as bloglovin, for readers to subscribe to your blog posts and keep coming back to read more. I had no idea about this for absolutely ages haha.

5. Get inspiration


Read other blogs. Look at successful blogs such as Inthefrow, Sprinkle of Glitters and Natasha to get ideas. But make sure you post what you want to post about! That is very important.


6. Read and comment on other blogs


As well as looking at the most popular, find smaller blogs and read them too! There are many brilliant bloggers with a small number of followers who have great ideas. Commenting on their blogs helps people to know that your blog exists and means that you can all support each other. (But make sure to actually read it and don't just comment asking for a follow haha). Whenever I get a comment on a blog it makes my day :)


7. Have fun


Okay this is really cringy but only blog if you enjoy it. Post what you want to post about and don't feel pressured to buy hundreds of high end products to review if you can't afford it. I absolutely love my blog and posting on it is my hobby. If you want to make money out of your blog you can use Adsense or have advertising spaces on your blog. Blogging is a fun thing to do so I hope you enjoy it!


Do you have any tips for new bloggers? And if you are new here I hope this was helpful! Leave a link to your blog in the comments so I can check it out ♥








Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner